- Legal & Financial (commercial contracts and merger agreements, corporate resolutions, securities filings, certificates, transactional due diligence, litigation document review, affidavits, etc.)
- Real Estate (purchase agreements, leases, and disclosure documents)
- Management & Corporate (board meeting minutes, internal communications, media relations kits, press releases, business plans, presentations, commercial invoices, purchase orders, official records, internal policies, etc.)
- Website (terms and conditions, privacy policies, marketing copy, etc.)
- Academic (law, academic papers, dissertations, theses, humanities, social sciences, ethics, philosophy, social theory, sociology, anthropology, etc.)
- Travel & Tourism (travel articles, travel guides, reviews, pamphlets, brochures, websites, etc.)
- Identity Documents (birth and death certificates, family registers, marriage certificates, drivers’ licenses, alien registration cards, etc.)
- U.S. qualified attorney** with over a decade of experience in legal practice and translation
- Practiced in the Tokyo office of a top international law firm, with a specialty in corporate mergers & acquisitions and securities transactions
- Native English, JLPT Level 1 (日本語能力試験１級)
- Japanese Real Estate Transaction Specialist (宅地建物取引士)
- Graduate of Harvard Law School and Harvard College
Our Past Work
We have worked for a diverse array of international clients, from law firms and global corporations to university researchers and individuals, establishing relationships with translation agencies on three continents.
** We are confident that you will agree that our legal experience and knowledge set us apart from the other legal translators, but we must remind you that we are not providing legal services or advice, practicing law, serving as your lawyer, serving as anyone else’s lawyer, etc. Contacting or hiring us does not create a lawyer-client relationship of any kind whatsoever. But we’d be happy to shoot the breeze about your favorite legal topic!